Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Who's Glory?

1.  Birds singing at dawn.
2.  Tiger Lilies standing tall along the edge of the road.
3.  Hydrangeas in full bloom.


Intellectually, I know it's best to let the Creator of the universe remain in charge. In our pride, we expect to control much of our environment.  Sometimes it seems we truly are in control.  But we are deluding ourselves. "And the men marveled, saying, 'What kind of a man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?'" Matthew 8:27.

You see.  For the past three years I have been trying to figure out how best to prune these hydrangeas.  All I have managed to do is impede God's creation in what it is ordained to do.  This year, I left well enough alone.  His glory shines through.



"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made so that they are without excuse." Romans 1:18.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. The flowers & the lesson they are teaching you. Who says you're not a writer?? I love your gardener's soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Erin...I thought you weren't a writer?!?!

    ReplyDelete