Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

The Swim Lesson Weeks

40. Clean carpets.  (I'm still not getting that black light out again.)
41. Most of the clutter away for the moment.
42. Skin smelling of chlorine well into the evening.
43. Two blonde braids.
44.  Boy on my lap eating yogurt without a spoon.
45.  Dive lessons.  My strong, getting longer boy bending back back back and entering the water only slightly askew.  First back dive.
46. Orange goggle eyes porpoising down for pink and purple toys on the bottom of the pool.
47.  Twenty-one months I waited for this:  "Mom!"  Clearly. Meant for me.
48. Five days of lunches at the pool, pulled like the loaves and fishes from an empty kitchen.
49. Kids running around the steaming blacktop basketball court to dry off during adult swim.
50. Toddler following the big kids carrying a basketball.
51. Dryer full of only beach towels.  Easy, easy to fold.
52. Caramelized brussels sprouts soaked in butter, seared scallop, long rectangle of parmesan.
53. Pints with my husband, both of us crying together as we receive news of a dear friend's loss.
54. O. helps me decorate the basement for his dad's birthday.  So proud.
55. Ribs slow roasted and finished on the grill. Chicken legs, asparagus, roasted potatoes with herbs from my front steps.  Dinner on the deck.
56. Sidewalk paint recipe: cornstarch, water and food color.  Vibrant muffin tin cups in the sun.  Loud painted rocks drying in the sun.
57.  Playing school in the side yard.  Addition drills on the IPad, reading lesson on a beach towel.
58.  O. vacuuming.  Again.
59.  Sister in law calls for diaper rash advice.
60.  Post dinner grocery store leisure.
61.  N. at lunch:  "We are next to each other again!  I love you."


1 comment: